Flexi Online recognises the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously.
Flexi Online may collect personal information about you when you use the Paymate Website or when someone else submits information about you to the Paymate Website (in which case we will contact you). We may also collect personal information if you fill in forms for us, during face-to-face meetings, in email messages or during telephone conversations. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
The main types of personal information we collect include:
- what you tell us about yourself (for example, through the registration process Paymate, the application process for "Paymate on the Go", or when we otherwise ask for information such as your name, phone number, fax number, email address, physical address, date of birth, bank account details and gender);
- information about how you use our website (for example, what pages you visit on our site and your IP address); and
- information relating to your application for, and use of, the "Paymate" and "Paymate on the Go" services including transactions processed.
We sometimes use cookie technology on our website and permit third-party advertising companies who serve ads on the Paymate Website to use cookie technology and website traffic analysis tools on our website in a similar way. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes and are a necessary part of facilitating online transactions. Cookies are useful to estimate traffic patterns through our website. Most website browsers are set to accept cookies.
Using your personal information
Our purpose in collecting information about you is to:
- facilitate your full use of the Paymate Website and the "Paymate" and "Paymate on the Go" services;
- verify your identity and other relevant details when you seek to apply for provision of "Paymate" and "Paymate on the Go" services;
- provide you with the "Paymate" services, "Paymate on the Go" services and any other services available from time to time via the Paymate Website;
- to process payments and handle chargebacks;
- provide you with a better website experience;
- to notify you of information directly related to the services you are receiving (such as any changes to our Product Disclosure Statement);
- enable us to operate our business efficiently;
- improve our services to you; and
- comply with any laws.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Flexi Online and its related bodies corporate recognise the trust you place in us when you give us personal information. In order to operate the Paymate Website or deliver a service we may sometimes share your personal information with a service partner. Flexi Online will also disclose data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- sending merchant data to banks for checking against such banks' "acceptable merchants policy";
- sending information to third parties for identity checking and to confirm bank/credit card account authority;
- sending transaction data, including bank account information, to banks for settlement purposes; and
- sending transactional data to a third party for fraud monitoring purposes.
- We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to other companies without your consent.
Flexi Online will not otherwise use or disclose any personal information about you without your consent, unless:
- the use or disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- we believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- to implement our terms of service;
- we believe it necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person or Flexi Online; or
- the assets and operations of Flexi Online's business are transferred to a third party.
If you do not provide information requested by the Paymate Website, Flexi Online may not be able to provide you with access to or full use of sections of the Paymate Website.
We do not disclose personal information about you to advertisers. Instead, advertisers give us advertisements and tell us the kind of audience they wish to reach. Flexi Online then takes the advertisement and displays it to end users who are most likely to have an interest in the product or service.
If you have opted-in to receive marketing information from us, we may use your personal information to provide you with information about new or updated products or services we offer or special offers or promotions that you may be interested in.
If you are receiving promotional information about Flexi Online and do not wish to receive this information any longer, please contact us and ask us to remove your name from our mailing list. Alternatively, if you are registered for "Paymate" services, you can log into "my account" on the Paymate Website and change your preferences. You will also be given the option to unsubscribe from any promotional emails that we send to you.
Access and correction
If you are registered for "Paymate" services, you can access and update your account details at any time through "my account" on the Paymate Website.
If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to access your record in the manner permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) by contacting us via the contact details set out below.
You may request that we correct personal information we hold about you that is inaccurate or out-of-date by contacting us via the contact details set out below. If you request that we delete your personal information, we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal business reasons.
Storage and security of your personal information
Flexi Online will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you. We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors, agents and personnel who require the information to assist us to operate our business. Our security procedures include the following:
- All your transactions with Flexi Online are conducted in "secure sessions" using the financial industry's Secure Socket Layer (SSL) standards with 128-bit encryption. You should check that your browser is compatible with SSL encryption. This is often indicated by a "closed lock" icon at the bottom of your screen.
- If you have registered, your username and password are essential for you to access your account details or to conduct a payment transaction. For your own protection, Flexi Online requires you to keep these confidential and encourages you to change your password regularly. Please ensure that you never provide your user name and/or password to anyone in response to email requests. You will never be asked by Flexi Online to disclose such information legitimately.
- Flexi Online transfers financial data securely into the Australian payments clearing system via dedicated telecommunications lines and proprietary banking software to ensure the integrity of our direct debit and credit payments. We process credit card payments in a similar way.
- Flexi Online employs qualified, independent auditors to review our security standards and practices on a regular basis to ensure that our software, operational practices and management controls meet the stringent standards of the Australian financial industry.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times. Flexi Online will not be responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Please note also that Flexi Online uses an overseas facilities in the United States to store information relating to the "Paymate on the Go" service. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to our overseas facilities for storage.
You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts on the Paymate Website. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use or your account by any other internet user or any other breach of security.
Passwords and log-in security
If you are registered on the Paymate Website, you will have a user name and password. You are responsible for the security of your password and log-in information. You take responsibility to ensure the confidentiality of this information.
Links to other websites
What to do if you have a problem or question
If you have a complaint about how your personal information has been handled, please let us know immediately.
Our postal details are:
Flexi Online Pty Ltd
Level 8, 201 Pacific Highway
St. Leonards NSW 2065